EXPLOSION PROOF LIGHTING FOR HAZARDOUS AREAS AUSTRALIA
Hazardous Area Lighting
- Various types and functions of hazardous area lighting, including work lights, ex floodlights and emergency lighting
- Indoor/outdoor, open areas, offshore lighting, fuel farms, battery rooms
- Suitable for Zone 1, 2, 21 & 22
EX Engineering has extensive experience with all manner of explosion proof, or intrinsically safe, lighting and light fixtures in both gas and dust hazardous areas. We can assist in replacing out-of-date and discontinued hazardous area lighting products with the latest technology, and in designing and creating custom or unique explosion-proof lighting applications that aren’t just ‘off-the-shelf’. Our hazardous area lighting solutions cover a wide range of lighting options. Everything from intrinsically safe work lights, ex floodlights to explosion proof lighting solutions.
We stock a variety of IECEx rated hazardous area lighting equipment including:
- Linear fluorescent and LED lighting
- Ex floodlights – LED, HPS and halogen
- Bulkhead & path lighting – LED
- Paint room/clean room lighting – fluorescent and LED
- Tubular LED lighting
- Emergency exit Lighting
- Hazardous area rated torches and headlamps
- Signal lighting – Zenon and LED
- Helideck/obstruction lighting & aircraft beacons
- Intrinsically safe work lights
Sustainable lighting solutions at EX Engineering
LED allows compact designs, energy efficiency and a long service life. Putting health and safety first, being environmentally responsible is important.
Save energy, reduce maintenance costs and benefit from a long life lighting solution. Maintenance free lighting designs reduce the operating costs to a minimum.
Reducing CO2 emissions also contributes to climate change protection. LED’s don’t contain any mercury, offering an environmentally friendly option.
LED is nearly ten times as efficient as a normal light. LED luminaires also save energy while providing instant light, making LED a popular technology for ex floodlights and explosion proof lighting solutions.
LED is the preferred option to use in extreme temperatures as it copes with high vibration resistance and it is well suited to use in harsh industrial environments.
Looking for explosion-proof lighting for a hazardous area?
Whether you need a spotlight, searchlight or worklight, LED’s are good to use in Ex Zones 1, 2, 21 and 22.
As a sustainable, energy-efficient alternative, we love LED for a variety of reasons:
- LED Luminaires are significantly more efficient than conventional LED light
- LED Luminaires save energy whilst providing instant light
- LED Luminaires enable a lower temperature rating in specific applications
- LED Luminaires are able to cope with vibration
- LED Luminaires are suitable for harsh, industrial environments
EX Engineering can support your business with sustainable, energy efficient and environmentally friendly lighting solutions. We innovate to offer sustainable solutions and work with suppliers and manufacturers who can also offer sustainable solutions.
If you would like to discuss your sustainable hazardous area lighting design options get in touch today!
FIND OUT MORE ABOUT OUR HAZARDOUS AREA & EXPLOSION PROOF LED LIGHTING
The specialist team at EX Engineering have comprehensive knowledge on a range of intrinsically safe lighting equipment for work in hazardous areas across Australia. To discuss your specific requirements for IECEx rated explosion-proof lighting for hazardous areas, get in touch with us on (08) 9353 2268 today.
Our purpose-built workshop in Perth has been certified to repair the following types of protection: Ex t, Ex d, Ex e, Ex n and Ex i. This means that all of our customised, designed, repaired and assembled Ex rated equipment is guaranteed to be compliant.
EX Engineering differs from most hazardous area lighting and electrical suppliers in that we have the capability and competency to select and review products through our engineering team. We have electrical engineers with the competency to:
- Review and classify hazardous areas
- Select equipment suitable for use in a hazardous area
- Complete the required engineering calculations to demonstrate compliance (such as MDP, IS Parameters etc.)
- Have an in-depth understanding of protection techniques
- Review and give an opinion on equipment suitability
- Create and issue Conformity Assessment Documents (CAD)
- Create bespoke EX Solutions
- Approve the repair of certified equipment
- Hazardous areas are all we do, and we don’t just sell hazardous area certified products, we manufacture, repair and certify hazardous area equipment.
We have a structured Quality Assurance (QA) system, that allows us to pay more attention than is required.
Depending on how critical the shipment is, we assign a QA level that determines whether the product is checked by one person, two people, or the engineering team – so the QA is always tailored to suit.
Our process involves two different check levels that ensure:
- Overall compliance
- The product is fit for purpose
About EX Engineering
EX Engineering is a family business specialising in the supply and design of hazardous area electrical equipment. EX Engineering is committed to supporting our customers with reliable advice, guidance and products to ensure their projects are compliant and completed on time with safety as the main priority.
Since 2013 our team of experienced and knowledgeable staff have been delivering the best solutions to meet hazardous area requirements across many industries, including Oil & Gas, Manufacturing, Agriculture and LNG.
Contact Our Team Today for Hazardous Area Lighting Solutions
Whether you need help sourcing, repairing or customising a product, or just would like some guidance in navigating hazardous areas, we are happy to help.
We will get back to you in lightning speed.