INTRISICALLY SAFE CABLE GLANDS FOR HAZARDOUS AREAS
Cable glands and entry accessories are frequently overlooked for their importance to a complete hazardous area solution. Selecting the right intrinsically safe cable gland and accessories requires understanding the protection methods of the enclosures and equipment, and the cables being used. Understanding the difference of threads involved, the structures of the cables required, and the Ex-protection that each part needs to offer, we can use our global reach and broad product access to find your solution.
EX Engineering assist customers with ‘unique’ hazardous area cable entry requirements. Bring us your challenge and we won’t disappoint!
- Resin barrier glands in nickel-plated brass or stainless steel
- Compression glands in polyamide/nylon/nickel-plated Brass
- Stopping plugs, conduit adapters, unions, elbows and more
Not just straightforward glands, there are many things here - and many global thread standards at play.
- Compression Cable Glands
- Armour-locking Cable Glands
- Barrier Cable Glands (Resin & Compound)
- Barrier Unions
- Conduit Entries
- Ex d Bushings
- Adapters – Metric, NPT, BSP, ET
- Reducers – Metric, NPT, BSP, ET
- Nickel-Plated Brass, Stainless Steel, Nylon, or Polyamide
Our purpose-built workshop in Perth has been certified to repair the following types of protection: Ex t, Ex d, Ex e, Ex n and Ex i. This means that all of our customised, designed, repaired and assembled Ex rated equipment is guaranteed to be compliant.
EX Engineering differ from most hazardous area electrical suppliers in we have the capability and competency to select and review products through our engineering team. We have electrical engineers with the competency to:
- Review and classify hazardous areas,
- Select equipment suitable for use in a hazardous area
- Complete the required engineering calculations to demonstrate compliance (such as MDP, IS Parameters etc.)
- Have an in-depth understanding of protection techniques.
- Review and give opinion on equipment suitability.
- Create and issue Conformity Assessment Documents (CAD)
- Create bespoke EX Solutions.
- Issue repair certification for equipment repaired in our workshop.
Hazardous areas are all that we do, and we don’t just sell hazardous area certified products, we manufacture, repair and certify them.
We have a structured Quality Assurance (QA) system, that allows us to pay more attention than is required.
Depending on how critical the shipment is, we assign a QA level that determines whether the product is checked by one person, two people, or the engineering team – so the QA is always tailored to suit.
Our process involves two different check levels that ensure;
- Overall compliance
- The product is fit for purpose
About EX Engineering
EX Engineering is a family business specialising in the supply and design of hazardous area electrical equipment. EX Engineering is committed to supporting our customers with reliable advice, guidance and products to ensure their projects are compliant, completed on time with safety as the main priority.
Since 2013 our team of experienced and knowledgeable staff have been delivering the best solutions to meet hazardous area requirements across many industries, including Oil & Gas, Manufacturing, Agriculture and LNG.